The Auckland Academic Health Alliance (AAHA) develops research, education and training capacity and capability in partnership with:
- Te Toka Tumai Auckland
- Waitematā Hospital
- Counties Manukau Hospital
- Faculty of Medical Health and Sciences, University of Auckland.
The AAHA is aligned with the new Te Whatu Ora structure.
The University manages the AAHA relationship through its Faculty of Medical Health and Sciences. This also includes science, business, engineering, legal, and social sciences colleagues where they intersect with health.
We also benefit from the University’s connection with hospitals in Waikato, Northland, Waikato, Lakes, Taranaki, and Bay of Plenty.
Our shared goals
- Deliver benefits to members and to the Auckland community
- Develop innovative high-quality health professional education and training
- Improve research, education, and clinical outcomes by making better use of existing resources
- Attract and retain high-quality staff and student
- Become the pre-eminent model of national excellence in specific services
- Generate new opportunities for partnerships
- Attract additional funding support from a range of sponsors